I accepted a Fingerhut account offer. They replied in a few days that my account was opened with a $600 limit, which can be used to buy Fingerhut catalog goods online. Now, for the joke of the story:
1. A new hard credit inquiry appeared on my credit report from Equifax.
(this was hardly worth it for a small Fingerhut account). It appears
that the account will be reported to Equifax, which might help my
credit score in some small way.
2. The big joke. After purchasing 2 small items for an absurd price of
nearly $100, I paid my bill online. To my horror, I find that this
place (Fingerhut / CIT Credit Card) charges $1.00 fee to pay online.
There is no bigger joke in the universe than a place that charges you $1.00 to pay. Would they really rather I mail in a check?!!!! The option
is there for you to pay via your checking/savings account or to a credit or debit card. To my understanding, it is a violation of VISA / M.C. terms for a merchant to CHARGE A FEE TO PAY!!
Does anyone know who or where one can report this activity? I don't plan on using Fingerhut again, because of this fee. Its not the $1.00, its the principal of the thing!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Charge Account
- Review category
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I have been a Netspend customer since 2009 when I began receiving Social Security. Netspend declares terms & conditions that ONLY apply to the customer - they do not..."
- "They have promised to send a refund check for the balance of $1451.57 after they closed my account for loading "too much" money onto my account! The " suspicious activity..."
- "On or before January 28, 2016, Direct Express issued someone in Miami, FL a debit card using my information. The ONLY way to do that is someone would have to..."
- "It cannot be published to the website, but.. — CC__, Our staff has read your review and values your contribution. However, it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks..."
- "I won an auction for a Garmin GPS Dec. 30,2010, and now I'm told it will be Feb 14,2011 before delivery. ordered another by mistake, because the big "PAY NOW"..."
- "Broken dome. I love it cook fast...."
- "Haven't used iTunes in a year or so. I used to be able to convert files bought from iTunes store to MP3 format so I could load them onto my..."
- "I ordered hundreds of dollars of latex flowers to use as centerpieces for my wedding. The order was placed at the end of June. When I started to receive the..."
- "Door Dash made changes to their app due to ethical issues with the pricing. they were jacking up the prices of each item you selected. now they are separating these..."