Fingerhut charges $1.00 to pay!
I accepted a Fingerhut account offer. They replied in a few days that my account was opened with a $600 limit, which can be used to buy Fingerhut catalog goods online. Now, for the joke of the story:
1. A new hard credit inquiry appeared on my credit report from Equifax.
(this was hardly worth it for a small Fingerhut account). It appears
that the account will be reported to Equifax, which might help my
credit score in some small way.
2. The big joke. After purchasing 2 small items for an absurd price of
nearly $100, I paid my bill online. To my horror, I find that this
place (Fingerhut / CIT Credit Card) charges $1.00 fee to pay online.
There is no bigger joke in the universe than a place that charges you $1.00 to pay. Would they really rather I mail in a check?!!!! The option
is there for you to pay via your checking/savings account or to a credit or debit card. To my understanding, it is a violation of VISA / M.C. terms for a merchant to CHARGE A FEE TO PAY!!
Does anyone know who or where one can report this activity? I don't plan on using Fingerhut again, because of this fee. Its not the $1.00, its the principal of the thing!review #158642
You may also like
- "My late husband purchased a $50 gift card for me a couple of Christmas's ago. I kept forgetting to use it, but it doesn't expire until 04/2020. I..."
- "Ridiculous situation, please read photos. ..."
- "I have been a longtime and faithful Netspend banking customer for many years. It started out as being a backup card/account which eventually turned into my primary account. ..."
- "My wife and I were with Verizon, our phone service for 6 years was great. april 28 2012 adjustments were made to their frequency output and our service's stopped, a..."
- "2006 m45 sport, front aerodynamics piece needed!after having an accident, I need the front aerodynamic piece. Local and 1000 mile radius dealerships says it's discount inured. However Infiniti says..."
- "I won an auction for a Garmin GPS Dec. 30,2010, and now I'm told it will be Feb 14,2011 before delivery. ordered another by mistake, because the big "PAY NOW"..."
- "I bought a red baron pizza it was rising crust but the crust did not rise and the peperoni was so thin u can see through it ..."
- " The day before mother's day on my drive up to the Bay Area from LA, I was informed by my host that she was canceling my reservation ...."
- "Horrible quality bought Southern Motion and peeled 3 x and spent $1500.00 on garbage and did not even last 3 yrs .I fought to get $200.00 from Hudson Furniture..."