Fingerhut charges $1.00 to pay!
I accepted a Fingerhut account offer. They replied in a few days that my account was opened with a $600 limit, which can be used to buy Fingerhut catalog goods online. Now, for the joke of the story:
1. A new hard credit inquiry appeared on my credit report from Equifax.
(this was hardly worth it for a small Fingerhut account). It appears
that the account will be reported to Equifax, which might help my
credit score in some small way.
2. The big joke. After purchasing 2 small items for an absurd price of
nearly $100, I paid my bill online. To my horror, I find that this
place (Fingerhut / CIT Credit Card) charges $1.00 fee to pay online.
There is no bigger joke in the universe than a place that charges you $1.00 to pay. Would they really rather I mail in a check?!!!! The option
is there for you to pay via your checking/savings account or to a credit or debit card. To my understanding, it is a violation of VISA / M.C. terms for a merchant to CHARGE A FEE TO PAY!!
Does anyone know who or where one can report this activity? I don't plan on using Fingerhut again, because of this fee. Its not the $1.00, its the principal of the thing!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I have been a longtime and faithful Netspend banking customer for many years. It started out as being a backup card/account which eventually turned into my primary account. ..."
- "I purchased a PayPal MyCash money loading card for PayPal and during my loading into my account the website www.paypal.com/cash or www.paypal-cash.com both failed and i received an error stating..."
- "Much like the other reviews here, they put me through the ringer. Forms, tax returns, bank statements, W-2's, etc. One step at a time. So first fill out forms. 3..."
- "2006 m45 sport, front aerodynamics piece needed!after having an accident, I need the front aerodynamic piece. Local and 1000 mile radius dealerships says it's discount inured. However Infiniti says..."
- "Broken dome. I love it cook fast...."
- "All cited lack of performance for HOA [Home Owners Association] management continue & has retrograded from poor to untenable.Note that G3 provides HOA property management, the subject of this review...."
- "I made it clear to sales women I was very allergic to smells, and repeatedly asked if chemicals were used in sofa. She told me they stopped using chemicals in..."
- "Arbor Day Received 10 dried sticks. I thought I was going to receive real trees! ,nothing but twigs I would never waste my time again. For a few dollars more..."
- "I bought this ring to give to my wife on Mothers Day 2016. A week after I gave it to her she showed me the spots under the stone...."