Fingerhut - fraud

my name is joann simmons, i recieved a catalog that said on the front of the book 'you have been pre-approved to recieve up to 400.00 in credit.

i called to make an order, the man said i had to give my social sec.# and birthday so i did.

he then said that i wasn't approved. whats wrong with this picture. when your pre-approved that means your approved for the amount stated on the catalog, am i right or wrong. to me this is fraud.i would like to make a complaint against the company.

this is false advertizement. this is wrong for the company to do this.

any remarks to my complaint you can reach me at grandmalovesyou_62@yahoo.com

thanks for nothing.joann simmons

1190c772 review #146252
1 1 Helpful?
Had the same issue0 Comments4
Had an experience with Fingerhut?  Submit review about this company
Is it your business?
Respond to your customers as verified company representative.
Apply for free plan
Jon Newton

Feb 09, 2013 Troy, Michigan

fingerhut is a company that uses spam as an advertising tool. Any company that does that is unethical, criminal and cannot be trusted. Typically an identity theft scam.

100% of all companies that send spam are scams. fingerhut is no exception.

Oct 06, 2009

What you are claiming is not fraud. You were pre-approved, NOT approved. They probably have bad business practices but it is not a crime let alone fraud.

VANE

May 15, 2009

THAT SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME..I WAS PRE APPROVE FOR A CREDIT OF 350.00 I GAVE THEM MY SOCIAL AND BIRTHDAY AND THEY TOLD ME I WILL RECEIVE A LETTER IN 30 DAYS WHY I WAS DECLINED..AND THEN THEY CLICK I TRY CALLING BUT THEN THEY TELL ME I SPEAK TO THIS PERSON AND THE NEXT PERSON WHO ANSWERS TELLS ME THE SAME THING... :( :( :( :(

joann62

Mar 12, 2009 Merrillan, Wisconsin

i wish to become a customer of fingerhut. i like to have several of their items. would like a chance to prove myself. thank you,
joann simmons
grandmalovesyou_62@yahoo.com

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.