A friend purchase a cabinet from Fingerhut this past summer.The price was 299.00 and she is paying $23.00 a month.
It needed to be assembled. First off, the directions for assembly were very small and hard to see. My friend's husband is blind so he couldn't really help much. Therefore, I undertook this job myself in my spare time.
I think I have worked on it off and on for 20 hours and I still have to put the doors on the unit. She may have it done by Christmas if lucky. Not only has it been a frustrating undertaking, the cabinet is not at all sturdy. I have tried numerous times to shore it up but, nothing seems to work.
The completed cabinet will probably look nice but I would be surprised if it lasted a year if it is used regularly. I told her to use it as a lamp stand and not to put much in it except things she does not plan to use for a while. How this company could take money for a piece of junk like this is beyond me. Just goes to prove that Fingerhut like many other mail order or internet order companies are out for only one thing...money.
Forget about ethics or a willingness to provide a quality product. Seems like Fingerhut could care less about customer satisfaction. How it still remains in business is beyond me. I did finally convince my friend to never purchase anything else from them.
i just hope she complies.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality of the item purchased
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My pillow.com claims if you buy one you get one free. That's a bunch of BS !!! You can get the same my pillow at Wal mart..."
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "We traded our 5th wheel camper for another one. Was told that it didn't leak and was in great condition. When we went to pick it up we..."
- "I put my bike away using the 'breathable' cover supplied with the $37,000 CVO Harley Davidson. When I removed the cover in March there was damage all over the bike...."
- "The paint is peeling, in huge sheets, from my Windstar Van. I have seen other Windstar Vans with this same problem. The paint is coming off in sheets from..."
- "Xfinity on Demand is a total joke. When you go to find the latest episode of a recorded program, it's a excellent example of how much a company see and..."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."