A friend purchase a cabinet from Fingerhut this past summer.The price was 299.00 and she is paying $23.00 a month.
It needed to be assembled. First off, the directions for assembly were very small and hard to see. My friend's husband is blind so he couldn't really help much. Therefore, I undertook this job myself in my spare time.
I think I have worked on it off and on for 20 hours and I still have to put the doors on the unit. She may have it done by Christmas if lucky. Not only has it been a frustrating undertaking, the cabinet is not at all sturdy. I have tried numerous times to shore it up but, nothing seems to work.
The completed cabinet will probably look nice but I would be surprised if it lasted a year if it is used regularly. I told her to use it as a lamp stand and not to put much in it except things she does not plan to use for a while. How this company could take money for a piece of junk like this is beyond me. Just goes to prove that Fingerhut like many other mail order or internet order companies are out for only one thing...money.
Forget about ethics or a willingness to provide a quality product. Seems like Fingerhut could care less about customer satisfaction. How it still remains in business is beyond me. I did finally convince my friend to never purchase anything else from them.
i just hope she complies.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor quality of the item purchased
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "My wife and I purchased an "Albany Furniture" leather living room set (modular sofa, loveseat and ottoman, 6 pieces total) in February of 2012 from Levin Furniture in Wexford, PA..."
- "So disappointed with the company Fathead, all over there site they claim their walls clings remove easily and WON'T DAMAGE WALLS! Had this happen today when removing them (there are..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "We traded our 5th wheel camper for another one. Was told that it didn't leak and was in great condition. When we went to pick it up we..."
- "Had my generator serviced as per the contract by the installer in Feb. March snowstorm here i Rochester NY and the engine is done. It bent pushrods and BROKE the..."
- "I purchased a Log Home Kit from Affordable Log Home Concepts in August of 2008. A Contract was agreed upon and signed between myself and Stacey Gaylord in the..."