Fingerhut - Change of payment arrangements without notice or notification.

I bought a Magic Chef microwave oven in Fingerhut for $149.00 at the beginning of May 2014.After paying a required $30.00 dollars to open the credit account with Fingerhut, they shipped the microwave oven to my address.

They also sent me a letter detailing a payment schedule of 16 payments of $13.99. I scheduled the payments through their website to be deducted from my checking account for the amount of $20.00 ($6.00 dollars more than accorded) on the 10 of June and for the month of July (my payments were scheduled for the 13th of each month). On the 17th of June Fingerhut started turbo calling me at about 8:00 a.m. when I answered their call they told me that I was late on my payment.

I explained to the customer representative that was impossible since I saw the deducted payment (from Fingerhut) for $20.00 dollars from my checking account already on the 10th. He explained that my payments were $26.00 dollars and not $13.99 as I explained to him. I got letters from Fingerhut plus their CATALOG to back my claim of the $13.99 payment arrangement, I explained to him. He and Fingerhut (called them several times) just went deft and imposed a late payment of $14.00 on me.

Not one person that I spoke to would tell me why my payment amount was suddenly changed, except one customer service identified as Nicky, that told me it has been a mistake. Still Fingerhut even with the price printed in their catalog will not do anything to solved the situation. I got upset with this company and I am planning to pay in full my debt and ask them to eliminate me from their customer list.

I do not and I repeat I DO NOT advise anyone to buy from Fingerhut but if you do, be really careful when doing business with this company.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fingerhut. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Fingerhut.
Filing a new complaint about