I bought a Magic Chef microwave oven in Fingerhut for $149.00 at the beginning of May 2014.After paying a required $30.00 dollars to open the credit account with Fingerhut, they shipped the microwave oven to my address.
They also sent me a letter detailing a payment schedule of 16 payments of $13.99. I scheduled the payments through their website to be deducted from my checking account for the amount of $20.00 ($6.00 dollars more than accorded) on the 10 of June and for the month of July (my payments were scheduled for the 13th of each month). On the 17th of June Fingerhut started turbo calling me at about 8:00 a.m. when I answered their call they told me that I was late on my payment.
I explained to the customer representative that was impossible since I saw the deducted payment (from Fingerhut) for $20.00 dollars from my checking account already on the 10th. He explained that my payments were $26.00 dollars and not $13.99 as I explained to him. I got letters from Fingerhut plus their CATALOG to back my claim of the $13.99 payment arrangement, I explained to him. He and Fingerhut (called them several times) just went deft and imposed a late payment of $14.00 on me.
Not one person that I spoke to would tell me why my payment amount was suddenly changed, except one customer service identified as Nicky, that told me it has been a mistake. Still Fingerhut even with the price printed in their catalog will not do anything to solved the situation. I got upset with this company and I am planning to pay in full my debt and ask them to eliminate me from their customer list.
I do not and I repeat I DO NOT advise anyone to buy from Fingerhut but if you do, be really careful when doing business with this company.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Magic Chef Microwave Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "Five years of being one of LIFE ALERT'S top national producers, one of the most awarded sales representatives of all time in the New York Office, never missed work, and..."
- "I booked a nice hotel in New York for 3 people, 1 room for quoted $80. Nice. Offer pops up stating that you can have it even cheaper with a..."
- "1507071613852949 Hi I have two weeks waiting for 2 swimsuits and pay for fast shipping!..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."