Fingerhut - Change of payment arrangements without notice or notification.
I bought a Magic Chef microwave oven in Fingerhut for $149.00 at the beginning of May 2014.After paying a required $30.00 dollars to open the credit account with Fingerhut, they shipped the microwave oven to my address.
They also sent me a letter detailing a payment schedule of 16 payments of $13.99. I scheduled the payments through their website to be deducted from my checking account for the amount of $20.00 ($6.00 dollars more than accorded) on the 10 of June and for the month of July (my payments were scheduled for the 13th of each month). On the 17th of June Fingerhut started turbo calling me at about 8:00 a.m. when I answered their call they told me that I was late on my payment.
I explained to the customer representative that was impossible since I saw the deducted payment (from Fingerhut) for $20.00 dollars from my checking account already on the 10th. He explained that my payments were $26.00 dollars and not $13.99 as I explained to him. I got letters from Fingerhut plus their CATALOG to back my claim of the $13.99 payment arrangement, I explained to him. He and Fingerhut (called them several times) just went deft and imposed a late payment of $14.00 on me.
Not one person that I spoke to would tell me why my payment amount was suddenly changed, except one customer service identified as Nicky, that told me it has been a mistake. Still Fingerhut even with the price printed in their catalog will not do anything to solved the situation. I got upset with this company and I am planning to pay in full my debt and ask them to eliminate me from their customer list.
I do not and I repeat I DO NOT advise anyone to buy from Fingerhut but if you do, be really careful when doing business with this company.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Magic Chef Microwave Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I paid extra to have flowers delivered Saturday and they didn't arrive until the following Monday after I contacted the company. Not only were they two days late, but the..."
- "I took my truck to Discount Tire. And I Drive a Lincoln Blackwood. And they got inexperience employees that don't know how to work on fancy vehicles. The damage..."
- "I went to the Piercing Pagoda in Geen Acres Mall (NY) a while ago to get my ears pierced (2nd whole). The lady seemed to know what she was doing..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "I ordered a pair of faxon canvas low sneakers that were navy blue and lime green. I was originally happy with the purchase and started to wear the shoes out...."