Fingerhut - Change of payment arrangements without notice or notification.
I bought a Magic Chef microwave oven in Fingerhut for $149.00 at the beginning of May 2014.After paying a required $30.00 dollars to open the credit account with Fingerhut, they shipped the microwave oven to my address.
They also sent me a letter detailing a payment schedule of 16 payments of $13.99. I scheduled the payments through their website to be deducted from my checking account for the amount of $20.00 ($6.00 dollars more than accorded) on the 10 of June and for the month of July (my payments were scheduled for the 13th of each month). On the 17th of June Fingerhut started turbo calling me at about 8:00 a.m. when I answered their call they told me that I was late on my payment.
I explained to the customer representative that was impossible since I saw the deducted payment (from Fingerhut) for $20.00 dollars from my checking account already on the 10th. He explained that my payments were $26.00 dollars and not $13.99 as I explained to him. I got letters from Fingerhut plus their CATALOG to back my claim of the $13.99 payment arrangement, I explained to him. He and Fingerhut (called them several times) just went deft and imposed a late payment of $14.00 on me.
Not one person that I spoke to would tell me why my payment amount was suddenly changed, except one customer service identified as Nicky, that told me it has been a mistake. Still Fingerhut even with the price printed in their catalog will not do anything to solved the situation. I got upset with this company and I am planning to pay in full my debt and ask them to eliminate me from their customer list.
I do not and I repeat I DO NOT advise anyone to buy from Fingerhut but if you do, be really careful when doing business with this company.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Magic Chef Microwave Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "I booked a nice hotel in New York for 3 people, 1 room for quoted $80. Nice. Offer pops up stating that you can have it even cheaper with a..."
- "The tittle says it all! I gave them my Dell XPS laptop running at top speed with NO Issues other than a few hiccups running it for 5 1/2 years..."
- "I have been with combined insurance since 2005. I have in the past made several claims when I was injured. Recently I was involved in a rear end collision...."