2.9
Layout of Store

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. About a year ago I got $700.00 in credit. I used the credit and paid the WHOLE balance off. That was my mistake.

For those that don't know credit works this way: The more credit you have available on your credit report, the better your score.

Because I paid my balance off in full and waited two months to order anything (I saved the balance for Christmas for my kids and spent a month searching to find the perfect stuff on their site) when I hit "submit order" I was given the message that my credit limit was "under review" and to call them.

Calling them is a WASTE OF TIME. You will only be told over and over again that they are reviewing your account for either an increase or decrease and not answer any of your questions for "24 hours". Last night when I checked my account I had been bumped down to $100.00!!! Not only is Christmas ruined for my kids, but my time was wasted and my credit score will go down due to this. I immediately emailed to shut my account down NOW as it was going to effect my credit report only to be told to call them with questions, which they cannot answer and only repeat the same scripted lines over and over again.

I URGE you not to apply for Fingerhut!!!!!! My husband started with a limit of $300.00 and we didn't pay his off in full so they bumped him up to $1200.00. All they want is the interest and late payments and their items are extremely overpriced.

I got a credit card with a lower interest rates and cheaper items through Walmart.

This reviewer shared experience about "will take away credit" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $600. The author is overall dissatisfied with Fingerhut. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Fingerhut.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shopping category for more informed decision or compare Fingerhut to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Fingerhut?

Comments