2.6
Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

They definitely sold me a used computer as a new one. I ordered the laptop and received it mid March.

It is now Mid May, so even though it hasn't been a full 60 days let's say 2 months. 2 months of continuous crashes and freezes. 2 months of increasingly frequent blue screens. Yesterday my laptop wouldn't come on, tells me that the hard drive is not installed.

When I go to get the service information off of the back, I notice that there is a lot of dust caked into the screws. I've had the computer 2 months. I mean, I don't feel like it should be that dusty. Definitely a cause for pause, then I noticed that....

there are screws missing. Like someone took it apart and didn't put it back together correctly or lost a screw. Huge red flag. So now they tell me that I had to deal with the manufacturer for repair since its been more than 30 days.

Checking online with the manufacturer pretty much confirms this, as the warranty dates don't add up. Also, one of the things that voids a warranty is tampering or unauthorized servicing. I can no longer with 100% certainty state that this device has not been tampered with or had unauthorized service. Not sure where that leaves me with the manufacturer.

But I do know that I ordered a NEW laptop.

Not a 'slightly used' one. For that I could have gone to Rent a Center.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dell Laptop.

Reason of review: Fraud.

Preferred solution: replace with a NEW laptop.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 15.

Comments

I think that Fingerhut and Sweepstakes Clearinghouse must be in cahoots with each other. Both companies sell overpriced merchandise of questionable quality.