Additional Fees
Privacy and Data Security
Turnaround Time

I received an email saying that I had been selected in Minnesota to get a $ 1,000 VISA credit card by completing a survey. I never believed the offer but went along to see where it went and what I could find about these guys.

But then after the survey was completed and they got all my demographic information for free (which unfortunately for the ad sponsor was not very accurate), they said that I had to do one more step to win the 1,000. They presented a few offers including Fingerhut (the only one I remember - sorry Fingerhut) which were available for $ 0.00 and that once this was completed that the 1,000 VISA will be delivered. It is here that I decided to apply for a credit card for Fingerhut. Bad mistake.

They accessed my credit report and apparently passed on my information to Fingerhut, but apparently not all the information because Fingerhut did not approve the card and asked for more information. However, Fingerhut probably knows who these people are and probably they paid them for the information. Well, to make the story short, after the application was completed there were more steps... interminable...

to be able to get the 1,000 VISA.

I never believed in the promotion and only got to the first step but I wonder how many people would continue making applications or buying products to get something that will not be available to anyone. This type of advertising should not be allowed and companies like Fingerhut should not be associated with these unscrupulous people.

I didn't like: Associated with a fraudulent promotion activity.

Comments

I had a friend who had a relative who had just died and he was taking care of all of his bills, returning them as "Deceased, Return to Sender" and he said that he was sure that that would take care of them all, and that the only one that he was worried about was "That Chickenshit Fingerhut". He said that as he was cleaning out his friends apartment, that he could see that it was filled with crap from fingerhut and that his friend's current bill was for hundreds of dollars worth of crap.

He said that he doubted that they would let it go even though the guy was dead. He said that the apartment was such a mess that he felt like going around to all of the doors in the apartment building and knocking on the doors and telling everyone to get out because he was about to torch his friends apartment.

QUOTE : " I never believed the offer ". QUESTION : Why did you fall for it ?

Greed.

Greed makes even normal people irrational at times. That's what these bogus "contests" count on - you bit hook, line and sinker for this one.