I was setup for autopay with fingerhut since I began with them and then a year into it they started DOUBLE dipping into my checking account, instead of the min payment I had setup they doubled it. I immediately called them and they said 'oh it must have been a system error' yeah whatever - then they said I didn't owe them for a month and then they reported me delinquent on my account to the credit bureaus.

I have worked hard and been very diligent with all my payments trying to rebuild credit. I had built back up to a 640 credit score. Then they reported me DUE TO THEIR ERROR to my bureaus and it tanked me 75 pts... I can no longer buy a home for my family due to Fingerhut.

I have reported them to the CFPB and every blog I can find. I am a single mom, I can't afford an attorney. Please AVOID Fingerhut at all costs. In my personal opinion they are predators and will ***.

If you decide to go with them anyway, DO NOT SET UP AUTOPAY. They will steal from you and then ruin your credit. I have called, and called, and called.

Everytime they admit it was their error and they will 'fix it' - nope. They will just ruin you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fingerhut Account.

Reason of review: Setup for Autopay for Min due - doubled my payment without my consent and ruined my hard fought for credit rating.

I didn't like: Resolution unsatisfactory, Accounting procedures.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 14, 2016.

Comments