Verified Reviewer

I had my account set up for auto pay and assumed that would prevent my account from ever having a missed payment, I was very wrong. Auto pay messed up and Fingerhut NEVER emailed me that my account had a late payment, account was delinquent, late fees were accessed or account was over 30 days late.

They did however send me 22 emails in 19 days telling me how good I was doing maintaining my credit, how much available credit I had, promotional sales they had and anything else to try to get more money out of me. They took NO responsibility for the failures in their autopay system and customer notifications.

I have a lower credit score due to this one reported late payment of 50 points, and on top of that creditors are lowering my credit limits that are driving it further down for one missed payment of $17 that I didn't even know was not made. This company sucks, tell everybody you know to stay away from them.

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM FINGERHUT.

Preferred solution: Take responsibility for your *** customer service and remove late payment from my credit report.

Fingerhut Cons: Company does not care about customers.

Comments